Chris Sherman is a principal with the firm, and has practiced in our litigation group since joining the firm in 2001. Chris is a creative and skilled
Chris has litigated cases in the state and federal district courts in Kansas and
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurance company client in multiple federal cases involving coverage disputes over millions of dollars in potential claims.
- Obtained a judgment awarding a
trustclient over $750,000 in damages and assets.
- Obtained a judgment in excess of $600,000 in a dispute over an insurance company’s failure to defend our client in underlying business litigation.
- Prosecuted and defended multiple appeals before state appellate and supreme courts.
- Served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Kansas in connection with tribal gaming litigation.
- Civil Litigation
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
University of Kansas – J.D. 2001
- Class rank: 2nd in class of 163
- Order of the Coif
- National Moot Court team
- Top honors in six subjects
- Claude O. Conkey Memorial Scholarship
- William L. Burdick Prize
- Intern in the United States Attorney’s Office
Wichita State University – B.G.S. 1995 (with honors)
- Student Body Treasurer
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity (President)
- Club Lacrosse
- Kansas – 2001
- Missouri – 2002
- U.S. District, District of Kansas – 2002
- Western District of Missouri – 2002
Associations / Memberships
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® rating
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011 and 2012
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40, 2011 and 2012