Thomas L. Griswold is a principal in the firm, having been engaged in active practice with the firm since 1981. Tom’s practice today emphasizes family law, prenuptial agreements, collaborative law, case management, parenting coordination and mediation.
After obtaining undergraduate and graduate degrees, Tom obtained his Juris Doctor law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law, graduating first in his class. Tom served as Editor-In-Chief of the University of Kansas Law Review and was the recipient of numerous academic awards, including admission to the Order of the Coif.
Tom is a trained and qualified to receive Court appointments for mediation and/or case management in Kansas, and he regularly teaches and presents seminars on family law and ethics topics. Tom is a founding member of the Johnson County Family Law American Inn of Court.
Tom is one of the several members of Payne Jones, Chartered who have received the prestigious “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Tom is a member of The Kansas Bar Association, The Missouri Bar, The American Bar Association, The Johnson County Family Law American Inn of Court, The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts and The Heartland Mediators Association.
- Divorce and Separation
- Marital Dissolution
- Family Law
- Case Management
- Parenting Coordination
- Collaborative Law
- Washburn University – B.A. 1974 (with honors)
- University of Kansas – M.P.A. 1976; J.D. 1981 (with the highest distinction; Order of the Coif, Law Review Editor in Chief)
- Kansas – 1981
- Missouri – 1990
Associations / Memberships
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Johnson County Family Law/Bench Bar Committee
- Johnson County Family Law American Inn of Court – Master
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Heartland Mediators Association